PC viruses are the bugs that can affect your computing machine just like human viruses harm your physique. Undoubtedly, the victim PC is not going to take rest and have antibiotics in order to regain. Moreover, a single infection can destroy your entire device. Hence, it is better to prevent such gadgets from falling ill of harmful viruses. Some of the damages that the bug accessing your PC can cause are as follows:
- Steal your personal data
- Delete your significant files
- Corrupt your vital documents
- Lock you out of your own gadget
- Infect other devices on your network.
Obviously, no one as a PC user likes to encounter these issues. But remember that nothing comes for free i.e. for achieving anything, one has to do some desired effort. In simple words – as a user, if you want to keep your device and data away from such type of viral glitches, you have to make efforts. Don’t be afraid or anxious, our certified Bitdefender Tech Support professionals will definitely help you with this.
Solution to every problem starts with getting appropriate and complete information about the same. This blog also focusses on a similar strategy and therefore, begin with providing comprehensive info about the types of viruses.
4 Types of PC Viruses That Can Damage Your Machine
- Boot Sector Virus: This PC virus appears to be the most hazardous. Why it is so? Because once entered into your device, Boot sector viruses are really hard to get rid of. If anyhow the virus succeeds in damaging the code or encrypting the boot sector, then the device seems unrepairable. They spread through USB drives, disks, and email attachments.
- Direct Action Virus: It is the main kind of file infector bug. Comes into play when the user executes the file. Direct Action Viruses perform by attaching themselves to the files with the extension like exe. & .com. Being harmful to just the files, these can be easily detected and removed by running an anti-virus.
- Resident Virus: This is the sticky kind of computer bug that keeps on working even when the infection’s main source has been eradicated from the device. However, answer to ‘why these viruses are more harmful than their cousin’ – direct action virus can be obtained from the highly-qualified Bitdefender Customer Support experts.
- Multipartite Virus: Most of the viruses, worms, and other threats seem happy to spread in one way. But the Multipartite virus is the trickiest one that wants to feast in a number of ways as the word ‘multi’ in its name itself says. Excited to perform varying actions on the infected PC, it may infect both the executable files and boot sector.
So, these were the 4 most dangerous computer viruses that if get an access to your device can damage it badly. Going through the aforementioned information will act as the first and significant step in getting rid of the problems due to the virus if any enters your device. However, as per the IT and cybersecurity professionals – “Virus Prevention is better than Virus Removal”. So, instead of regretting and then finding out the guidelines for removing the viruses, develop the habits of being safe. For tips to stay prevented against the viruses, consult our conversant Bitdefender Antivirus Support engineers.